Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Unfinished Projects

There are all sorts of new things I'd like to start but I really need to work on some of these unfinished projects.

This was a finished afghan large enough to cover our queen size bed.  I think one of the dogs snagged the yarn and there were holes in the rows of joining.  It's called Fisherman's Ring.  You can find the pattern here.



After taking it apart I thought I would edge the squares with several bright colors.  I wanted it  to have an "Attic 24" look.  I edged a couple in pink and a couple in blue.  After a few days, I didn't like them.  The colors were too bright to go well with the more subdued tan and green.  I pulled this variegated yarn out of my stash and tried it.  I like it much better.  I've edged eight squares so far.



2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this motif! I thought those were bullions until I looked at the pattern. I'm going to try it. Did you have a hard time with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kat. I don't recall having any trouble with the pattern but it has been a long time since I made those centers.

    ReplyDelete